Teach in Peru
Want to travel and get paid? Get the best of both worlds by teaching abroad with Intrax. With Intrax Teach Abroad, you’ll gain valuable teaching experience and receive a competitive salary abroad.
Teach for six to twelve months in Lima, Peru. We provide job placement, housing, in-country support, training, TEFL certification and insurance. Positions are filling up, so apply now to secure your spot on the program!
Surround yourself with history and culture in Peru. Home to one of the most sophisticated civilizations in the world, the Inca Empire, Peru is yours to discover.
Step back in time and into one of the World’s Seven Wonders to explore the mystery of Macchu Picchu. Trek the Andes or the Inca Trail, catch the waves in Mancora or visit an indigenous village. You can’t miss the beautiful and sacred Lake Titicaca. Kayak through the lake’s glassy waters at dawn or visit the floating man made islands. Relax on the beach with Pisco Sours and savor a variety of Peruvian cuisines and local delicacies. Ceviche is a must!
Peru offers an excellent opportunity to build your resume, gain experience, improve your Spanish skills, and see the world!
- Location: Lima
- Intrax offers start dates year round
- Program duration: 6-12 months
- Program fee: $2900
- Compensation: $600 USD per month or more
- Job placement with guaranteed monthly salary
- Visa support
- Pre-departure orientation with U.S. staff
- In-country orientation and cultural training in Lima with Intrax Peru staff
- 24-hour in-country support
- Temporary housing during your orientation in Lima
- Health and accident insurance
- TEFL certification (optional for an additional fee)
- Spanish Classes
Intrax has carefully selected private English academies and institutions for you to join their staff. We will provide you with all the necessary training that you will need to feel confident and successful in teaching your first day of class in Peru. You will sign a contract with your school. Some contracts may vary but all will comply with Intrax requirements and standards.
Most teachers are expected to work 25-40 hours per week. Many schools may offer the opportunity to teach more hours for additional pay. Office hours may be required or advised in order to allow for lesson planning and preparation. Some schools may also request your presence at staff meetings and extra-curricular events. As many private academies cater to business people and and children, you will have the opportunity to teach various ages and work flexible hours.
You will be receiving a salary of approximately $600 or more per month.
In order to qualify to teach on the Peru program, participants must have at least 6 months of teaching experience or a TEFL degree. By getting TEFL certified with Intrax, you will be genuinely prepared to teach all levels of learners and will earn a degree that can be used worldwide.
- Temporary:One week of temporary housing will be provided when you arrive in Lima. This will be a hotel or dormitory shared with other program participants.
- Permanent:Permanent housing is not included. Rent and utilities payments will be the teacher’s responsibility, however Intrax Peru will be able to assist in finding suitable accommodations.
Intrax provides health and accident insurance for all participants through AVI International Insurance with up to $100,000 USD in coverage. All program participants will receive cards and booklets explaining benefits.
Dates and Deadlines
Intrax accepts applications for the Peru program year round although we encourage participants to apply at least 3 months prior to their desired departure date.
For more information :
2307 total views, 3 today